1 service found
Service DescriptionEdelweiss Connect has developed computer software that helps combine data from many different sources and formats into a useable form for evaluation and re-use. In addition, we have developed other software programs that can use the collected data and data from in vitro tests to predict the safety of chemical compounds in the human body.
- SegmentPersonal care
- ApplicationsSkin care
- Countries activeSwitzerland, United States
In silico solutions
- Company nameEdelweiss Connect
- Legal nameEdelweiss Connect GmbH
- HeadquartersBasel, Basel Stadt, Switzerland
- Number of employees1-100
- DescriptionEdelweiss Connect aims to bring data from different research labs together. Our strategy for doing this is two-fold. First, we provide in silico solutions that make it easy to combine data from different sources and formats into a useable form for evaluation and sharing. Second, we create integrating platforms of business partners to promote collaboration and the transfer of knowledge into industrialised solutions. Over the past decade, Edelweiss Connect has built a reputation for helping scientists collaborate and pool their data in a meaningful way. We have led and participated in important international research projects (EUToxRisk, OpenRiskNet, OpenTox, ACEnano, NanoCommons…) We have also developed bespoke scientific software solutions to answer the needs of major consumer product and (agro)chemical companies (e.g., P&G, Syngenta, PMI…). Now, we bring this combined experience and expertise to the development of our new collaborative business platforms. All of them will have a special emphasis on community, partnering and scientific innovation to support better health and environmental care. For example, we recently established the SaferWorldbyDesign partnership to combine the latest advances in science and technology to help companies design smarter, safer products without animal testing.