- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameCorylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Seed Extract IECIC Name
- OriginCicer Arietinum, Corylus Avellana, Corylus Americana, Corylus Rostrata, Lens Culinaris
Corylus avellana is a tree native to Europe and western Asia, cultivated for its nuts. Traditionally used to make antimicrobial tonics for stomach complaints, Hazelnuts are commonly used in the cosmetics industry for its astringent and emollient properties. Hazelnuts are a rich source of α-tocopherol, oleic acid and phytosterols. Studies have demonstrated that the extracts of Hazelnut kernels exhibit antioxidant activities, with its active compounds identified as caffeic acid, ferulic acid and gallic acids. Salicylic acid gives Hazelnut extract anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, with a recent study revealing a high antimicrobial activity of Hazelnut aqueous extracts against Gram positive bacteria.
- Company nameThe Secrets of Caledonia
- Legal nameThe Secrets of Caledonia Co., Ltd
- DescriptionThe Secrets of Caledonia (TSOC) is a manufacturer of natural cosmetic ingredients inspired by Scottish traditional herbal medicine. Taking advantage of Scotland’s biodiversity and working in collaboration with established Scottish herbalists,we aim to provide the most effective and innovative natural ingredients at the highest quality.
- WebsiteCompany website