Calm Spring | Water Horsetail
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameEquisetum Fluviatile Extract IECIC Name
- OriginEquisetum Fluviatile, Camellia Sinensis, Equisetum Arvense, Equisetum Giganteum, Equisetum Hyemale
Equisetum fluviatile, commonly known as Water or Swamp Horsetail, grows abundantly in Great Britain, especially Scotland. In many traditional medicines, Equisetum fluviatile tea was taken orally or used in baths and compresses to treat the skin. Medicinally, Water Horsetail was used as a treatment for eye infections and skin problems when applied topically or drank as an herb tea. Chemical analysis of Water Horsetail constituents identified protoapigenine, protoapigenome and protogenkwanone and their derivatives. These compounds suggest Horsetail’s antioxidant and antimicrobial activities. Recent studies have shown Water Horsetail’s anti-inflammatory cosmetic properties for soothing skin.
- Company nameThe Secrets of Caledonia
- Legal nameThe Secrets of Caledonia Co., Ltd
- DescriptionThe Secrets of Caledonia (TSOC) is a manufacturer of natural cosmetic ingredients inspired by Scottish traditional herbal medicine. Taking advantage of Scotland’s biodiversity and working in collaboration with established Scottish herbalists,we aim to provide the most effective and innovative natural ingredients at the highest quality.
- WebsiteCompany website