1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameOciumum basilicum leaf oil
- CAS numbers8015-73-4
Ingredient DescriptionDescription Basil Oil Linalool (or Sweet Basil) is distilled from the botanical Ocimum basilicum L. The plant is typically grown and harvested for its leaves which are popular around the world in many food dishes. There are a number of chemotypes available in this family but Sweet Basil has the higher percentage of linalool and is considered the safest to be used in aromatherapy where it has many traditional and therapeutic benefits. The linalool can be extracted for use as a natural isolate in perfumery. Traditionally it has been used to treat a variety of ailments such as anxiety, nausea, muscle aches, insect bites and flu symptoms. Powdered basil leaves were also inhaled to combat chest infections. Today it is considered good to as an antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive and expectorant. Sweet Basil has a sweet, spicy and green top note with light woody middle notes and is commonly cultivated in Egypt, India and Nepal.
- Company nameUltra International
- Legal nameUltra International B.V.
- HeadquartersRotterdam, Netherlands
- Number of employees100-1000
- DescriptionUltra, with our head office based in Spijkenisse, Holland are essential oils specialists whose strength and point of difference is our vertical integration into the supply source with facilities around the world producing our quality essential oils and raw materials.
- WebsiteCompany website