1 ingredient found
Coltsfoot Leaf Extract-NS
The Garden of Naturalsolution
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameTussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Leaf Extract
- FunctionAntioxidants, Active ingredients, Plant extracts
- OriginTussilago Farfara
Ingredient DescriptionTussilago farfara, also called coltsfoot, is a perennial herbaceous plant widely distributed in Europe,Asia, North Africa, and Russian Far East. It is also found in North and South America where it has beenintroduced as a medicinal plant by settlers. Coltsfoot has been used as a medicinal herb both in Europeand in Asia to treat various inflammatory diseases including coughs, bronchitis, and asthma. In Europe,T. farfara leaves have been used in herbal medicine internally as tea or syrup, and externally fortreatment of skin, colds, fever, and rheumatism. In Traditional Korean and Chinese Medicine, T. farfarais an important medicinal herb used for the treatment of hepatitis, type 2 diabetes, obesity, pulmonarytuberculosis, and asthma due to its therapeutic properties. T. farfara is known for several biologic activities such as anti-oxidant effect, anti-microbial activity, andanti-inflammatory activities. Several compounds have been identified from this plant, including sesqui-terpenes, triterpenes, and flavonoids. Among them, tussilagone, the major component of T. farfara, isreported to suppress iNOS and COX-2 expression in LPS-stimulated microglial cells.
- Company nameThe Garden of Naturalsolution
- Legal nameThe Garden of Naturalsolution Co., Ltd.
- HeadquartersGyeonggi-do, South Korea
- DescriptionThe Garden of Naturalsolution is leading company in natural cosmetic ingredient market in Korea. Natural Solution specializes in the development and supply of an extensive range of natural ingredients for cosmetic and food industries since 2004.
- WebsiteCompany website