1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI namePortulaca Oleracea Extract
- Performance claimsAnti-inflammation, Anti-irritation, Smoothing, UV protection
- Sustainability claimsNatural, Plant-based, Safe
- FunctionActive ingredients, Plant extracts
- ApplicationsSkin care
- Chemical propertiesOrganic
- OriginPortulaca Oleracea
Ingredient DescriptionPortulaca oleracea, commonly called as purslane, is an annual plant and a dicotyledon of the family Portulacaceae. It has been a popular traditional medicine because it does not stimulate skin and has outstanding effects in curing skin problems such as boils and edema. It does not have any toxicity and used to be enjoyed by our ancestors as vegetable. In Oriental traditional medicine, people boiled and ate purslane for dysentery, enteritis, and bacterial dysentery. And purslane was also put on skin or extracted for baths to cure swelling, erysipelas, itches, and eczema and to detoxify insect or snake poison. Purslane also has effects for various types of festering diseases. Bioland's Portulaca Extract is superb for mediating skin irritation, anti-inflammation, UV protection, and soothing skin.
- Company nameSK Bioland
- Legal nameSK Bioland Co., Ltd.
- HeadquartersCheonan, South Korea
- DescriptionWith the motto "Nature, Science, and Life," SKBioland has been leading the development of raw materials using natural resources since 1995 and has kept the top position in the cosmetics raw materials industry. In addition, Bioland has become an internationally recognized company that can also be trusted in the fields of food and pharmaceuticals.
- WebsiteCompany website