1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameCymbopogon Winterianius (Citronella) Oil
- Sustainability claimsClean, Natural
- OriginCymbopogon Nardus
Ingredient DescriptionPraan Naturals Organic Citronella Essential Oil, Cymbopogon winterianus, is steam distilled from organic citronella java, an aromatic perennial grass. As with all of our organic ingredients, our Organic Citronella Essential Oil is certified organic by CCOF. Citronella shares the same family and genus as Lemongrass and Palmarosa. However, the characteristics and actions are somewhat different. Organic Citronella Essential Oil has achieved a well-deserved reputation for use in formulations intended for those who spend a lot of time outdoors. Insects, particularly mosquitos, tend to hate the aroma of citronella. Aromatically, Organic Citronella Essential Oil possesses a fresh, sweet slightly fruity aroma. It blends especially well with essential oils in the citrus, floral, wood, grass, and herbaceous families. Although Organic Citronella Essential Oil is most widely used in outdoor type formulations, it is also a lovely, affordable oil to consider for inclusion in blends where you want a refreshing, uplifting, clean aroma. When used in moderation within skin care applications, it can be helpful in maintaining clean, odor-free skin. It is a good consideration for use in natural deodorant formulations. For topical formulations intended for adults, Essential Oil Safety Edition 2 by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young recommend a dermal maximum of 18.2% for Organic Citronella Essential Oil.
- Company namePraan Naturals
- Legal nameNatural Sourcing, LLC
- HeadquartersOxford, Connecticut, United States
- Number of employees11-50
- DescriptionNatural Sourcing, LLC, and its trademarked brand Praan Naturals specialize in the supply of an extensive range of certified organic and conventional natural ingredients for beauty, cosmetics, fragrance & perfumery, spa, massage, aromatherapy, and other personal care applications. It offers the finest ingredients from responsible growers, distillers and manufacturers across the globe. Its vast range of organic ingredients is Certified Organic by CCOF. It also offers a growing range of Certified Kosher and Certified Halal ingredients.
- WebsiteCompany website