1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameOctadecene, Stearyl Dimethicone
- Performance claimsBrightening, Moisturising, Smoothing
- FunctionActive boosters, Anti-tack agents, Emollients, Film formers
- ApplicationsBalms, Butters, Cleansers, Creams, Deodorants, Emulsions, Essences, Lotions, Moisturisers, Roll-ons, Sun Protection
- Usage level0.5 - 10%
- Chemical groupSilicon containing compounds
Ingredient DescriptionSeraSoft SW 70-A is a soft wax alkylated silicone. The alkyl modification makes this type of silicone more compatible with organic ingredients. It enhances softness and generates high gloss in various formulations. Due to its composition, this material is favourably used in sun care, where it melts onto the skin for an excellent feel whilst improving the spread of actives thus potentially improving the SPF. In addition to this, SeraSoft SW 70-A’s compatibility with other organic materials gives it many uses in other skin care products as well as colour cosmetics, where it offers the additional benefit of excellent shine from its high refractive index. SeraSoft® SW 70-A also offers foam boosting properties in surfactant systems.
- Company nameKCC Beauty
- Legal nameKCC Corporation
- HeadquartersSeoul, South Korea
- Number of employees4600
- DescriptionThe KCC Corporation is a family-owned business founded in 1958 that employs over 4,600 people in 17 countries. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, and are a global leader in coatings and speciality chemicals. KCC is a proud, relatively new entrant to the silicones industry, with functional siloxane ingredients designed to meet the ever-growing global demands for safe, effective and environmentally sound technology, with a strong focus on the personal care sector.
- WebsiteCompany website