1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI namePrunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil
- CAS numbers8007-69-0, 90320-37-9
- Performance claimsMoisturising
- Sustainability claimsNatural, Plant-based
- FunctionDelivery systems, Emollients, Refined oils
- ApplicationsCompact powders, Decorative cosmetics, Hair care, Lipsticks, Mascara, Oils, Skin care
- Usage level0.5-10.0%, 0.5-5.0%, 1.0-5.0%, 1.0-90.0%
- Chemical groupVegetable oils & fats
- Chemical propertiesNonionic
- Physical propertiesLiquid at STP
- OriginPrunus Amygdalus Dulcis
Ingredient DescriptionSweet Almond Oil is a natural, extremely versatile and effective emollient renowned for both its stability and high level (25-29%) of the skin nourishing Omega 6 version of the Essential Fatty Acid(EFA), Linoleic Acid. In use, the unsaturated (87-95%) triglycerides found in Sweet Almond Oil provide moisturization with a refined and elegant feel that also helps stabilize clarity in your cold weather formulas. Studies show that dermal moisturization from Sweet Almond Oil’s type of natural occlusivity and botanical EFAs decreases Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) in the stratum corneum for several days after application. The low odor and neutral taste of Sweet Almond Oil provides superior moisturization and feel to color cosmetics as well. These benefits also combine to make Sweet Almond Oil a preferred carrier in both the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This is a defined, bleached, winterized and deodorized product. Sweet Almond Oil's unique combination of natural stability and healthy moisturization is used throughout the skin care, color cosmetic, and pharmaceutical industries. In skin treatment formulations, Sweet Almond Oil naturally improves the moisturization and emolliency of lotions and sunscreens while providing the Omega 6 EFA, Linoleic acid. Sweet Almond Oil's inherent cold weather stability improves the clarity of bath oils, body oils, and massage oils subjected to low temperatures. In color cosmetics, Sweet Almond Oil's colorless, odorless and neutral taste provides an ideal moisturization to your lip, mascara, and pressed powder products. These benefits also combine to make Sweet Almond Oil an effective and reliable carrier in pharmaceutical preps.
- Packaging info55 G Steel Drum N Wt.: 420 Lbs. 55 Gallon Poly Drum N Wt: 441 Lbs.5 G Poly Pail N Wt.: 35 Lbs.
- Company nameJeen
- Legal nameJEEN® International Corporation
- HeadquartersFairfield, NJ, USA
- Number of employees1-100
- DescriptionJeen® International is a leading supplier and manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the cosmetic, personal care, fragrance and pharmaceutical industries. Jeen® International supplies innovative, patented, advanced specialty silicone, linear polyethylene and preservative lines with state-of-the-art technology in inventory management, and full product technical support. Most recent developments include a series of Cold Water Dispersible Waxes, the Jeesperse® CPW® line. Since its inception in 1996, Jeen® continues to grow by listening to and partnering with our customers to develop the products and applications to meet the emerging needs of the markets it serves.
- WebsiteCompany website