1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameBis(Cyano Butylacetate) Anthracenediylidene
- Performance claimsAnti-ageing, Anti-inflammation, Anti-irritation, Antioxidants, Improve skin barrier function, UV protection
- FunctionProtectants, UV filters
- ApplicationsCreams, Lipsticks, Lotions, Skin care, Sprays & mists, Sticks, Sun Protection, Suncream
- Usage level0-0.2%, 0-0.5%
- Physical propertiesHydrophobic
- ColorsWhite, Yellow
Ingredient DescriptionHallstar introduced photo-aging disruptor Micah® at in-cosmetics 2017 (and won that year’s Innovation Zone Silver Award). Micah® stops the photo-aging process in its tracks by preventing the formation of UV- and Visible Light-induced oxidative stress, thus balancing the energy in the skin and suppressing the mechanisms that lead to the visible signs of aging. That’s why we call Micah® an Anteoxidant™. Micah® protects against reactive oxygen species (ROS) and other free radicals in UVA-I region (340-400 nm) and extends this protection into the visible spectrum (> 400 nm), a potential source for significant ROS generation, providing broader spectrum free radical prevention. And it does this remaining colorless in formula, oxidatively stable and photostable, without interfering with normal metabolism. When applied in a vehicle with 0.20% Micah® to ex vivo human skin explants at 2 mg/cm2 and the skin was then exposed to 10 J/cm2 UVA (320-400 nm) radiation, the following results were observed: Recently, new in vivo clinical research on UVA and Visible Light delivered more amazing data on this unique molecule. Skin protected by Micah®, even at a use level of only 0.5%, experiences the same photo-aging result as skin that has not been exposed to UVA light in the first place.
- Packaging infoBags - 1, 5 kgs; Pail - 5 kgs; Bottle - 1 kgs
- Company nameHallstar
- Legal nameHallstar Innovations Corp.
- HeadquartersChicago, Illinois, USA
- Number of employees100-1000
- DescriptionA global manufacturer of innovative, leading-edge, chemistry solutions for the industrial polymer and beauty and personal care sectors. Our hands-on collaboration, unparalleled technical support and deep competency in ester chemistry help our customers realize their new product development vision. Together, we can work wonders.
- WebsiteCompany website