1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameDiethylhexyl Sebacate
- CAS numbers122-62-3
- FunctionAnti-tack agents, Dispersing agent, Emollients, Fragrance ingredients, Pigments, Solubilizers, Solvents, Spreading agents
- ApplicationsAfter Sun, Aftershave, Antiperspirants, Colorants, Cosmetics, Creams, Deodorants, Eyeshadows, Lotions, Make-up, Skin care, Skin conditioning agents, Sprays & mists, Styling agents, Sun Protection, Tonic
- Chemical groupEsters
- Physical propertiesHydrophobic, Oil soluble
- ColorsClear, Colorless, Yellow
Ingredient DescriptionHallStar® DOS is a multifunctional (nonoily emollient, solvent, lubricant, plasticizer), synthetically produced diester of 2-ethylhexanol and castor-derived sebacic acid. Its common chemical name is dioctyl sebacate. It is has a non-oily, silky skin feel and spreads easily. It is hydro-alcoholic compatible, can improve the spreading of oil blends, is an effective pigment wetter/dispersant and has a detackifying effect in certain compositions. HallStar® DOS finds application in antiperspirant/deodorants, hairsprays and other hair grooming aids, aftershave lotions, tonics and other skin fresheners, makeup, sunscreens, and skin care lotions and creams.
- Packaging infoDrum - 420lbs; Pail - 38lbs
- Company nameHallstar
- Legal nameHallstar Innovations Corp.
- HeadquartersChicago, Illinois, USA
- Number of employees100-1000
- DescriptionA global manufacturer of innovative, leading-edge, chemistry solutions for the industrial polymer and beauty and personal care sectors. Our hands-on collaboration, unparalleled technical support and deep competency in ester chemistry help our customers realize their new product development vision. Together, we can work wonders.
- WebsiteCompany website