1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameDiisooctyl Adipate
- CAS numbers108-63-4
- FunctionEffect ingredients, Emollients, Rheology modifiers, Solubilizers, Solvents
- ApplicationsAntiperspirants, Conditioners, Deodorants, Hair care, Oils, Skin care, Styling agents
- Usage level0.05-0.25%, 0.5-5%, 5-20%, 5-50%
- Physical propertiesHydrophobic, Oil soluble
- ColorsClear, Colorless
Ingredient DescriptionHallStar® DCA (Diisooctyl Adipate) is the clear, almost colorless, liquid esterification product of adipic acid and castor oil-derived capryl [2-octyl] alcohol. It is a light emollient that is readily emulsified and compatible in any emulsion system common to personal care products. It is utilized in roll-on antiperspirant/ deodorants, perfumed body oils and moisturizing bath oils and may find application in hair care and other bath and toiletries products. It provides skin an elegant afterfeel when used in bath oils. Typical use levels are as follows: Hair care products: 0.05 – 0.25% as a plasticizer for styling resins, or 0.5 – 5% as a glossing agent for conditioners. Skin care products: 5 – 20% of oil phase as a feel modifier or solvent for other ingredients in the emulsion, or 5 – 50% as the oil phase in bath products.
- Packaging infoDrum - 40lbs; Pail - 390lbs
- Company nameHallstar
- Legal nameHallstar Innovations Corp.
- HeadquartersChicago, Illinois, USA
- Number of employees100-1000
- DescriptionA global manufacturer of innovative, leading-edge, chemistry solutions for the industrial polymer and beauty and personal care sectors. Our hands-on collaboration, unparalleled technical support and deep competency in ester chemistry help our customers realize their new product development vision. Together, we can work wonders.
- WebsiteCompany website