1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameHydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil
- Performance claimsAntioxidants, Hydrating, Hair conditioning, Smoothing, Improve skin barrier function, Anti-inflammation, Moisturising
- Sustainability claimsBiodegradable, Plant-based, Natural
- FunctionAbsorbents, Butters and moisturizers, Waxes, Emollients
- ApplicationsShampoos, After Sun, Deodorants, Gels & jellies, Skin care, Conditioners, Lip care, Bars
- OriginCannabis Sativa
Ingredient DescriptionBiochemica® Hemp Butter is produced from the oil of expeller pressed seeds of the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). Hemp seed oil is valued for its use in cosmetics and toiletries due to its high content of essential fatty acids, which helps the action of the hydrolipidic coat, thereby reducing transepidermal water loss (TEWL). Biochemica® Hemp Butter is produced using the fatty fractions and unsaponifiables (natural waxes/paraffins) collected during the refining process, which are blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil to produce a butter-like material suitable for use in cosmetics and toiletries. Hemp seed oil possesses one of the highest polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) contents of all the natural oils. It provides the four essential fatty acids beneficial to the skin: linoleic acid (LA, 18:2ω6), α(alpha)-linolenic acid (LNA, 18:3ω3), γ(gamma)-linolenic acid (GLA, 18:3ω6) and Stearidonic Acid (SDA). Biochemica® Hemp Butter may be used in body care, soaps, facial creams, lotions and sunscreens to impart moisture, particularly for dry, damaged skin (i.e. eczema, psoriasis and mastalgia). Hemp seed oil is one of the “driest” natural oils which is absorbed quickly into the skin, and hence the butter produced from it also exhibits a relatively dry feel. It provides excellent lubricity without being greasy.
- Company nameHallstar
- Legal nameHallstar Innovations Corp.
- HeadquartersChicago, Illinois, USA
- Number of employees100-1000
- DescriptionA global manufacturer of innovative, leading-edge, chemistry solutions for the industrial polymer and beauty and personal care sectors. Our hands-on collaboration, unparalleled technical support and deep competency in ester chemistry help our customers realize their new product development vision. Together, we can work wonders.
- WebsiteCompany website