1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameEremophila Mitchellii Wood Oil
- CAS numbers1429902-59-9
- Performance claimsAnti-body odour, Anti-inflammation
- Sustainability claimsSustainable
- FunctionAnti-fungal agents, Plant extracts
- ApplicationsAftershave, Balms, Creams, Deodorants, Fragrance component for skin care and hair care, Fragrances, Moisturisers, Shampoos, Skin care
Ingredient DescriptionScientific Name: Eremophila mitchellii Farming Method: Conventional Extraction Method: Steam distilled (water) Plant Part Used: Wood Available quantities (KG): 1, 5, 10, 20, 180 Eremophila mitchellii was named in 1848 by botanist George Bentham, after Sir Thomas Mitchell, who led the discovery expedition into Australia. No less than 17 species of Eremophila have roots in Aboriginal use. The species mitchellii is noted as having ‘general medicinal purposes’.Eremophila mitchellii occurs in the arid regions of New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. The tree, very common in Western Queensland, is often confused with Santalum lanceolatum R. Br. both trees being commonly referred to as False Sandalwood. Initial research was done through the School of Pharmacy, Griffith University, Gold Coast campus, QLD, Australia. It is considered somewhat invasive, though native Asutralia, with over 215 species. The scented wood is burnt for its pleasant aroma. The oil has also been used for perfumery, bath, massage, diffuser, blending, and a perfume fixative. The rare sesquiterpene compounds lend anti-inflammatory properties to this rare and unique oil. This woody scented oil provides deep relaxation to body, mind and spirit. The eremophilanes reportedly inhibit P388D1 cancer cell growth in vitro.
- Company nameDown Under Enterprises
- Legal nameDown Under Enterprises, Inc.
- HeadquartersSydney, Australia
- Number of employees11-50
- DescriptionFrom our humble beginnings, Down Under Enterprises always focused on providing our clients with superior quality – always 100% -- pure oils from Australia, supported by outstanding Customer Service. That’s all we do – and we do it well. When your company works with Down Under, you’re working with the direct link to the farmer, with the benefit of US-based supply.
- WebsiteCompany website