1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameDimethicone
- CAS numbers63148-62-9
- Performance claimsSoft touch
- Chemical groupSilicon containing compounds
Ingredient DescriptionPolydimethylsiloxane fluid commonly used as a base fluid in personal care products due to its excellent spreading. clear, tasteless, essentially odorless and non-greasy. Benefits for personal care are soft feel and subtle skin lubricity, excellent spreading, leaves no residue or buildup, transient effect, nongreasy feel. Benefits for Industrial applications are little change in physical properties over a wide temperature span, a relatively flat viscosity, temperature slope, and serviceability from -40°C upt to 200°C, low surface tension, readily wets clean surfaces to impart water repellency and release characteristics.
- Company nameDow Chemical
- Legal nameThe Dow Chemical Company
- HeadquartersMidland, Michigan, USA
- Number of employees10000+
- DescriptionDow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture.
- WebsiteCompany website