1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- Performance claimsMoisturising
- Sustainability claimsBiodegradable, Plant-based
- FunctionEmotive ingredients
- ApplicationsAfter Sun, Cleansers, Conditioners, Hair removal, Lip care, Shampoos
- Physical propertiesLiquid at STP
- ISO 16128
Ingredient DescriptionMacrocystis pyrifera, commonly known as Giant kelp or Giant bladder kelp, is a species of brown algae, and one of four species in the genus Macrocystis. It is among the fastest growing and most productive of all macrophytes, creating great forests in subtidal rocky habitats in the temperate eastern Pacific. This alga optimises synthesis of collagen and elastin within the skin. In fact, it helps preserve the youth of these two molecules for healthy skin. According to research, sea kelp is useful in skin care products thanks to its high vitamin and mineral content. It is considered an antiseptic and anti-irritant that can protect skin from sun damages and prevent wrinkles. It is also used to add shine to hair and glow to skin.
- Company nameCroda
- Legal nameCroda International Plc
- HeadquartersSnaith, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- DescriptionWe are a global speciality ingredient supplier to the Beauty and Personal Care industry, dedicated to working with our customers to meet evolving consumer needs, whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility through initiatives that include the use of certified sustainable palm oil and other renewable raw materials.
- WebsiteCompany website