1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- Performance claimsAnti-inflammation, Anti-microbial, Antioxidants
- FunctionActive ingredients, Emotive ingredients
- ApplicationsAntiperspirants, Cleansers, Deodorants, Shampoos
- Physical propertiesLiquid at STP
- ISO 16128
Ingredient DescriptionWitch hazel is a woodland tree, indigenous to Canada and eastern parts of the US. Today it is commonly cultivated in Europe. Witch hazel has been used for centuries by the Indians against bleeding and inflammations. It is used to treat rosacea, heavy legs and skin redness. Witch hazel contains large quantities of tannins. These have a drying, astringent effect, causing the tightening up of proteins in the skin and across the surface of abrasions. This creates a protective covering that increases resistance to inflammation and promotes healing of broken skin. Witch hazel is a very useful herb for inflamed and tender skin conditions, such as eczema. It is mainly used where the skin has not been significantly broken and helps to protect the affected area and prevent infection.
- Company nameCroda
- Legal nameCroda International Plc
- HeadquartersSnaith, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
- DescriptionWe are a global speciality ingredient supplier to the Beauty and Personal Care industry, dedicated to working with our customers to meet evolving consumer needs, whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility through initiatives that include the use of certified sustainable palm oil and other renewable raw materials.
- WebsiteCompany website