1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- Performance claimsMoisturising, Soothing
- Sustainability claimsBiodegradable, Plant-based
- FunctionActive ingredients
- ApplicationsAfter Sun, Antiperspirants, Cleansers, Conditioners, Deodorants, Hair removal, Lotions, Shampoos, Sprays & mists
- Physical propertiesLiquid at STP
- ISO 16128
Ingredient DescriptionRice is one of the oldest cultured plants in humankind history and was originally a wild grass that grew across Asia, and it still does grow wild in some parts of the world. Historians believe rice has been cultivated in Southeast Asian countries, including China, Thailand, and Burma, since 7000 years ago. Preparations of rice seeds have been used in folk medicine for the treatment of many conditions such as inflammations and wounds. It is used as the most important energiser and revitaliser for Asian peoples. Rice is used for its medicinal virtues, as well as its aphrodisiac properties. Rice is a plant rich in amino-acids, vitamins especially B type such as pro-vitamin B5 (panthenol), starch and flavonoids. Most of the essential and non-essential amino-acids are extracted from the rice seeds and are part of the NMF (Natural Moisturising Factors), wich help the skin to stay hydrated and protected from external agressions. It can also aid the regeneration of skin cells. Phytessence Oryza PB has proven to moisturise and maintain hydration of the skin even after eight hours application, compared to placebo gel.
- Company nameCroda
- Legal nameCroda International Plc
- HeadquartersSnaith, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- DescriptionWe are a global speciality ingredient supplier to the Beauty and Personal Care industry, dedicated to working with our customers to meet evolving consumer needs, whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility through initiatives that include the use of certified sustainable palm oil and other renewable raw materials.
- WebsiteCompany website