1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- Performance claimsAntioxidants, Moisturising
- Sustainability claimsBiodegradable, Plant-based
- FunctionEmotive ingredients
- ApplicationsAfter Sun, Antiperspirants, Cleansers, Conditioners, Deodorants, Hair removal, Lip care, Shampoos
- Physical propertiesLiquid at STP
- ISO 16128
Ingredient DescriptionAlso called lakka in Finland, Cloudberry is a creeping bramble growing in the peatlands and bog areas of the circumboreal regions of Scandinavia, Siberia and Alaska. Considered a glacial relict, cloudberry can withstand temperatures as cold as -40°C. Once it has reached maturity, cloudberry exhibits a golden colour and a pleasant flavour. It is one of the most scarce and most expensive berries in the world due to the limited season of harvest and its limited accessibility. Cloudberries are well adapted to boreal regions thanks their secondary metabolites which act as a shield against environmental attack: The amount of soluble carbohydrates in the plant is correlated to the resistance to intense frost. Thanks to antioxidant properties, vitamins A, C, E and ellagitannins counteract deleterious effects of the sun.
- Company nameCroda
- Legal nameCroda International Plc
- HeadquartersSnaith, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- DescriptionWe are a global speciality ingredient supplier to the Beauty and Personal Care industry, dedicated to working with our customers to meet evolving consumer needs, whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility through initiatives that include the use of certified sustainable palm oil and other renewable raw materials.
- WebsiteCompany website