1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameSalvia sclarea oil
- OriginSalvia Sclarea
Ingredient DescriptionClary sage is a tall perennial plant with long, erect, hairy stems topped with very geometric white-pink flower spikes. The velvety, aromatic, gray-green leaves release a pleasant, musky, honeyed smell when crushed. The small, glandular hairs found on the above-ground plant parts are what contain the characteristics fragrant substances. The “green crushed” essential oil is extracted from the fresh botanic material. The above-ground parts are harvested during the blooming period and distilled fresh from the fields. The resulting essential oil exudes a gentle, herbaceous fragrance with a dry amber bottom note reminiscent of tobacco. The tradition-quality essential oil is produced from dried raw material and differs little from the “green crushed” quality. Salvia comes from the Latin salveo and salvaro, terms that mean “save,” and clarus, meaning “clear” or “clarify.” The plant’s medicinal properties have been recognized since ancient times, leading to nicknames like “all good” or “wound grass.” Viewed as a treasure of the gods, the scent of clary sage was known to lead to divine illumination, according to the great sages of India, the Rhisis. Probably native to western Asia and southern and central Europe, clary sage is now grown in France, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Russia.
- Company nameAlbert Vieille
- Legal nameAlbert Vieille, SAS.
- HeadquartersVallauris, France
- Number of employees51-200
- DescriptionAlbert Vieille SAS is a leading producer and international provider of 100% guaranteed pure and natural of essential oils and aromatic raw materials for perfumery, cosmetics, aromatherapy, and food industries. Purity and naturalness of its products are guaranteed by systematically performing physicochemical, chromatographic, and olfactory controls in its quality-control laboratory. It thereby supplies top-quality essential oils that meet AFNOR, ISO, and European and French pharmacopoeia standards, ensuring consistent analytic and olfactory quality for its customers. It has also developed its own in-house, quality-assurance framework, particularly to address materials not yet standardized, to guarantee that every single product it offers meets the exacting quality criteria.
- WebsiteCompany website