1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameElettaria cardamomum seed oil
- OriginElettaria Cardamomum
Ingredient DescriptionNative to the tropical forests of India, cardamom is a perennial herbaceous plant with thick rhizomes. The reed-like stems are formed of long, overlapping leaf sheaths. The mature fruit is a capsule-like pod that protects some twenty small, black, aromatic seeds. Cardamom is a very old spice, one used since ancient times to flavor and purify dishes. It was considered the “queen of spices” due of its delicious aroma and high market value. In India and Pakistan, it was used to communicate with the gods: The capsules were burned as incense, along with sandalwood and cascarilla, during religious rites. The fragrance of essential oil has two characteristic facets: the freshness of citrus notes and the warmth of spicy notes. The “queen of spices” grows alongside black pepper, both from the Kerala region and the Malabar Coast. Cardamom, long a wild plant, is now cultivated in India and Guatemala. A cardamom plant requires five years to reach optimum productivity and has an productive lifespan of up to fifteen years. The cardamom pods are harvested before reaching maturity, when they begin to lose their green tint. When ripe, they open spontaneously and release their precious seeds. Each fruit is hand-gathered, using clippers, from December to February.
- Company nameAlbert Vieille
- Legal nameAlbert Vieille, SAS.
- HeadquartersVallauris, France
- Number of employees51-200
- DescriptionAlbert Vieille SAS is a leading producer and international provider of 100% guaranteed pure and natural of essential oils and aromatic raw materials for perfumery, cosmetics, aromatherapy, and food industries. Purity and naturalness of its products are guaranteed by systematically performing physicochemical, chromatographic, and olfactory controls in its quality-control laboratory. It thereby supplies top-quality essential oils that meet AFNOR, ISO, and European and French pharmacopoeia standards, ensuring consistent analytic and olfactory quality for its customers. It has also developed its own in-house, quality-assurance framework, particularly to address materials not yet standardized, to guarantee that every single product it offers meets the exacting quality criteria.
- WebsiteCompany website