1 ingredient found
Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameHydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
- Performance claimsSmoothing
- FunctionSurfactants, Buffers, Rheology modifiers
- ApplicationsOils, Conditioners, Waters
- OriginCyamopsis Tetragonoloba
Ingredient DescriptionHydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (AakoGuar HGHC) is a hydroxypropylated cationic guar derivative that provides conditioning benefits. The cationic charge of AakoGuar HPHG interacts with keratin providing a conditioning effect on hair and skin and reducing the negative effects of soaps and surfactants. Though cationic, AakoGuar HGHC is compatible with most anionic and amphoteric surfactants. AakoGuar HPHG is not sensitive to electrolytes and due to the hydropropylation shows higher hydrophilic characteristics when compared to other cationic guars. AakoGuar HGHC is soluble in water at room temperature (pH adjusted to 5.5-6.0), partially soluble in aqueous methanol or ethanol solutions and insoluble in paraffin oil, petroleum ether, chloroform and ethyl ether. AakoGuar HGHC should be stored in the originally sealed containers. In order to maintain the performance of the product, store in a cool and dry place. Shelf life: 24 months.
- Company nameAako
- Legal nameAako, B.V.
- HeadquartersLeusden, The Netherlands
- Number of employees11-50
- DescriptionAt AAKO we have been trading specialty chemicals for various applications since 1945. Dedicated teams with clear responsibilities manage a closely balanced portfolio and maintain a thorough and meticulous way of operating. Showing expertise in sales and marketing, logistics and regulatory affairs. That is what we call Chemical Excellence.
- WebsiteCompany website