1 ingredient found
- SegmentPersonal care
- INCI nameDisodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate
- Performance claimsAnti-inflammation
- Sustainability claimsBiodegradable, Gentle, Natural
Ingredient DescriptionAn increasing number of customers appreciates products with natural origins and complete biodegradeability. The Eucarol Alkyl Gluco Esters (AGE) range are anionic surfactants obtained by esterification of coco polyglucose with Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Eucarol AGE-EC MB is obtained by using Citric Acid. This is a biodegradable ingredient and conform to Cosmos and Natrue cosmetic standards. Eucarol Age-EC is manufactured and certified according to the RSPO’s Mass Balance supply chain model. In-vitro and non-animal in-vivo tests were used to evaluate the excellent mildness of this ingredient. Erythema and ermal irritation have been ascribed to interactions between the skin proteins and the substance. The values obtained when using the Red Blood Cell test (RBC) has been considered as particularly good in assessing both ocular (H50/DI) and dermal irritation potential (DI%) of surfactants and has been showed to produce reliable results in both intra and inter/lab reproducibility. A good correlation was also found when using Zein test. Therefore RBC and Zein tests can be used to check EUCAROL AGE’s irritation potential. According to the Zein test procedure, comparison of Eucarol AGE’s with other anionic surfactants was carried out showing that Eucarol AGE-EC perform 20/40 times better than Sodium Laureth (7EO) Sulfosuccinate. Besides this results the products mildness has been confirmed by H50/DI score, that as correlation to ocular irritation shows better results for the Eucarol AGE’s also in comparison to mild surfectants like the nonionic Alkyl Polyglucosides.
- Company nameAako
- Legal nameAako, B.V.
- HeadquartersLeusden, The Netherlands
- Number of employees11-50
- DescriptionAt AAKO we have been trading specialty chemicals for various applications since 1945. Dedicated teams with clear responsibilities manage a closely balanced portfolio and maintain a thorough and meticulous way of operating. Showing expertise in sales and marketing, logistics and regulatory affairs. That is what we call Chemical Excellence.
- WebsiteCompany website